Youth Work Awards Return
Nominations for the awards closed on 15 September 2014.
Dedicated, inspiring, passionate, committed, helpful... do any of these words represent your youth worker or youth work project you have been involved with?
Has a youth worker or youth work project helped you with a difficult situation? Given you useful advice? Or simply made you think they deserve an award for the hard work that they do?
If so you can say thanks by nominating your youth worker or a youth work project for a youth work excellence award. This is an event to celebrate the youth service and more importantly Wales’ most dedicated and talented youth workers.
This year's event saw 10 awards being handed out to dedicated, inspiring, passionate, committed and helpful youth workers and projects. Tudur Owen from S4C hosted the event with entertainment from harpist and singer Ieuan Jones and a choir from Ysgol Cor Glanaethwy.
The 2015 awards is an opportunity for Wales to acknowledge, recognise and celebrate the most outstanding youth workers and the most outstanding youth work projects that have taken place from July 2013 until July 2014.
The categories for 2015 include:
- Outstanding Youth Worker
- Outstanding youth work project that supports young people into education, employment or training
- Outstanding youth work project that supports and promotes Welsh culture
- Outstanding youth work project that supports the health and wellbeing of young people
- Outstanding youth work project that support the development of new skills for young people
- Outstanding school-based youth work project
- Outstanding global youth work project
- Outstanding arts youth work project
- Outstanding youth work forum project
Do you like the sound of the 2014 event? By submitting a nomination, you and your youth worker could be in with a chance of attending the 2015 bash in February.
To nominate a person or project for an award please read the guidance notes and complete a nomination form on the Welsh Government website.
Send your nomination either via e-mail to email@example.com or by post to:
If you need any help doing this please talk to MEIC who will be happy to help you any time of the day or night, every day of the year.
Interested in performing at the awards ceremony? Get Yourself Noticed
Want to video-nominate? Check out The Your Choice Award